We all love to have days that run smoothly and that are productive.
Well, there is nothing better than having a day that just gets off to a great start and keeps you on track and is productive.
Now we all have days when things just seem out of sorts or just not flowing and productive, it just happens. What I have found to be very helpful is these 5 tips to incorporate into your day. They have help me tremendously!
Here are a 5 basic things to do each day to help keep your day moving and productive:
- Make your bed. There is nothing like having a freshly made bed and it just does something for you when you come into the room later and see it ready and made up for bedtime. (it’s also great motivation….that will spur you to do other tasks)
- Get dressed. For me, when I’m dressed from head to toe (and that means shoes too) it makes your feel much more ready to tackle the day. Now there is nothing wrong with sweatpants from time to time, but getting dressed makes your feel ready and engaged in your day.
- Laundry. Putting a load on each morning gets the ball rolling and also helps keep on top of the mounds that pile up over night! (well at least at our house it does, it grows while we are asleep) The wash can be going while your making breakfast or taking a shower etc. Then switch it when your done. There is nothing like having a task crossed off your list way before lunch time.
- Prep for dinner. Planning a head is key, so if you have a weekly menu, (which saves money & valuable time) go check it and take out the meat for that evening or put your ingredients in the crock pot. This takes the guess work out of “what’s for dinner” and your that much more a head of the game having dinner out and thawing or simmering in the slow cooker.
- Have quiet time. This is the MOST important on the list. Quiet time. Nothing starts your day off better than spending time a lone with God in prayer and reading His Word. It really clears your mind, sets your heart right, and gives you clear direction on your day. Making God a priority above all things helps keep a good perspective of what is really important.
Here is an added bonus for any house……..
10 minute tidy. Our house is famous for it’s 10 minute tidy’s (just ask my kids) Setting the timer and doing something for 10 minutes helps get your house put back together before you really engage for the day. You’ll be surprised what you can get accomplished in 10 minutes and how it will charge your batteries to keep moving! (this can be done more than once a day)
All in all, there is really no guarantee for the perfect day. (I don’t think there is such a thing) But there are lots of ways to help keep it flowing, productive, and helping you to find your groove of a routine!
What things do you do to make your day flow? Have you found your groove? If so, please share!
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- See for yourself The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle - April 24, 2014
- Order The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle Today! - April 23, 2014
- 3 reasons to consider The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle - April 22, 2014
- Coming soon….The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle - April 19, 2014